I started this blog for two reasons:
- To provide a resource to Canadian transportation engineers, especially ones working on their own.
- To motivate myself to keep up-to-date on changes in the profession and to keep my own skills and knowledge sharp.
Before I launched this blog, I looked around the blogosphere to see what else was out there – all the transportation engineering blogs I found were American. I saw the need for a Canadian voice to add to the discussion.
The intended audience of this blog is mainly transportation engineers and professionals in other closely-related disciplines. My own professional interests will likely colour what sorts of posts you’ll see here:
- New developments in the transportation engineering field
- Road safety
- Transportation policy
- Public involvement and outreach
- Communicating engineering concepts to non-engineers
Stay tuned for new content. Any feedback would be appreciated – please feel free to submit a comment.